“The most important thing a patient can do is to want to live.” – Dr. Preeti
Welcome to a special podcast episode! Our guest today is Dr. Preeti Kulkarni, the naturopathic doctor who helped me on my personal journey to health. After I visited many other doctors, Dr. Preeti told me to adopt a dog, which changed my life. Her practice promotes using foods in their natural forms, along with other components of holistic health, and is not about selling a program or a product. Listen to this podcast to hear the doctor who I credit with saving my life.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Your exercise program should be enjoyable, include socialization, and be sustainable for the long term.
- Learn about the differences between medical doctors and naturopathic doctors.
- Naturopathy includes clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, pharmacology, homeopathy, and Chinese medicine.
- Naturopathic medicine: Help the body heal itself and get to the root cause!
- Eric discusses his experiences with medical doctors versus his experience with Dr. Preeti.
- Dr. Preeti focuses on mental, physical, emotional, and social health.
- Nutrition is the foundation of naturopathic medicine.
- Conventional medicine: Diagnose, then prescribe to alleviate the symptom.
- Conventional medicine often ignores the disease-formation process.
- Naturopaths dig deep into the patient’s lifestyle, the causes of their problems, and their motivation to get healthy.
- Exercise should make you feel energized and not tired.
- Balance is the key!
- Many patients think it’s normal to feel abnormal. Find your healthy normal!
- Food is fuel.
- Change your diet, change your health!
- Correct deficiencies then maintain health.
- Weekly visits foster commitment and accountability.
- Strategies for trying new vegetables!
- Processed foods change your palate.
- SPICE up your food and your life.
- Changing what you eat is much easier than beating an addiction, like smoking.
- The first 2-3 months are the hardest.
- 21 days to a new habit.
- Never backslide to the old ways!
- The important role that a dog can play in rehabilitation and health.
- The little things can motivate you.
- Dr. Preeti’s Healthy Weight Strategy Plan (and what that includes).
- Counting calories is NOT the answer.
- Enjoy the shopping and the cooking!
- If you find yourself traveling down the wrong road, it’s never too late to turn around!